Thursday, December 23, 2010

Life Drawing II - Fin

Well, the end of the semester has reared its head, and Life Drawing II comes to a close. It's been a good semester, and I'm happy with what I'm taking away from the class. I've created some of the best drawings in my life, and strengthened my skills in other areas of my field of study (for more on that, see my previous blog post). Here is a link to my Life Drawing II portfolio.
It includes three of my favorite skull drawings, my three portraits of other students, and my final skeleton drawing. The photos below are the same as those in my portfolio.











On a more personal note, I don't feel that I've solidly developed my own style of drawing over the course of the drawing class (not just Life Drawing) during school. A lot of the drawings I've created look like they've been done by numerous artists, as I have spent a lot of time trying out new approaches and ways of going about the drawings. While I've always had somewhat of a knack for drawing, I've determined that I'm simply not a drawer (in the basic sense of the word). I can complete my work and get it done well (as I mentioned, my skeleton drawing was the best drawing of anything that I've ever done), but I just don't have the same passion for, or get the same satisfaction from, it that I see in other students and professors. I'm ok with this realization, and I definitely do not regret enrolling in any course (quite the contrary, actually. Again, see my previous blog).

Oh, Life Drawing. It's been a good run, and I shall never forget you!


Also, I would like to thank Professor Amy Fichter for the time and hard work that she put in to making both Life Drawing I and II a valuable learning experience for me, as well as so many other students.

No comments:

Post a Comment