Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This little eye of mine - 5/4/10

This piece took about 30 minutes to draw. It was a good experience; I haven't drawn eyes before, and I find that I quite enjoy learning the "rules" of artistic anatomy. The little things, like the 3-dimensional planes of the eyelid or the top and bottom of the iris being just overlapped by the lids, make all the difference. It's rather exciting to learn these things and watch yourself develop the ability to draw anatomically correct features. I don't think it's too bad for my first eye drawing, although the nose I drew isn't as spectacular.. I'll be working on that. I'm eager to find out how the rest of the face will go for me as I learn more and when I draw my self-portrait for the final assignment.


Here's my first nose drawing.. I think I need to continue practicing this particular feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment