Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Just a quick one - 5/11/10

I did these drawings in class today, April 8th. I like the way they turned out, so I decided to write a little bit about them.

This gesture drawing (1 minute) is a pretty one. I think that it describes the form and movement of the pose quite well, although more variation in line weight would help emphasize the parts which bear the most weight.




This drawing is a cross-contour that I spent about 2 hours on. While slow in the making, I think that it's a successful piece. I spent most of my time working to get the proportions correct; with a bit of help from my professor, I think they turned out alright. The torso seems a bit short, but I don't find it too drastic. I'm proud of my use of line weight, particularly on the torso area. It does well to show the smoother and sharper curves of the form.

No comments:

Post a Comment