Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wait, I'm using what I've learned in this class, for other classes?! Awesome!

I had this epiphany while working on a 3D model of a head, which I was creating for my Digital Characters class.

Modeling the head was quite the process. I began by modeling the nose, then the mouth and chin, eye area, cranium, and ended with the ear. Right when I began the model, I found myself thinking about what I've learned over the course of Life Drawing 1 and 2 (hence the name of this post^). I used this knowledge throughout the whole process, from features like the lips and ear to the underlying structure of the skull. It was pretty cool.

I first took Life Drawing 1 because my main focus in the Multimedia Design program is 3D, and I wanted to help strengthen my abilities in the area of character modeling (I continued on with LD2 for the same reason). The amount of help that my knowledge of artistic anatomy provided with my head model shows that these classes have done for me what I hoped they would, which is awesome. I'm beginning to model the body to which the head will be attached, and I'm sure that Life Drawing will continue to leave its mark on all of the work that I do! I'll post an update on that once I'm closer to completion.

Here is the final model of the head:



No comments:

Post a Comment