Sunday, November 28, 2010

LD2 - November 2010

I'm not entirely sure where this whole month has gone.. I think we're being messed with, because I swear Halloween was last week. Anyway, here's a quick recap of Life Drawing 2, November 2010.

As discussed in previous blogs, we began the month with an in-class assignment, consisting of drawing portraits of three classmates. Our critique took place in class on November 15th (details can be found in my last couple blog posts). I didn't attend class on Wednesday due to illness, but I gather that we finished the portrait critiques and critiqued some students' senior projects.

To finish up the semester, we're doing two full skeleton drawings, sized to scale. We spent last Monday (the 22nd) preparing our drawing materials and setting up our easels (we didn't have class Wednesday because of Thanksgiving break. It will be interesting to see how I fare with that. I've never drawn the whole skeleton before, but I'm confident that I have a solid enough understanding of the human body and form to get through it without any major issues. It will help that we can draw the bones with flat planes, rather than drawing them as a cylindrical form. More on this later!

No comments:

Post a Comment