Monday, March 8, 2010

A few more contours..

Here are two more contour drawings from class. The first one (drawn February 23rd) I feel shows good progress from my first drawings. The more I learn about the human structure, the better and easier my drawings become. Proportion is the key factor in creating a realistic drawing, and my ability to draw body parts the right size is getting stronger. Learning the muscles is also a huge help; the lines drawn as a result of learning them are small details that play another significant role in making a convincing drawing.



I made this next drawing on March 2nd. We began including the muscles in our drawings, and that was quite an interesting process. It was time to see what we've learned from modeling our Manikins.
I'm pleased with how the drawing turned out, but it was quite the process. I understood where the muscles were on my Manikin, but it was harder than it seems to visualize the muscles on the model and draw them in perspective. This, as well as continuing to tackle proportion, led to extensive use of my eraser, but I'm making progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment