Friday, September 10, 2010

Life Drawing Two

So begins a new semester, and a new Life Drawing class. I will continue this blog with my work and thoughts from Life Drawing II.

I'm still in the Multimedia Design program here at Stout. I'm taking Life Drawing II because my main interest in multimedia is 3-D design. Learning the ways of artistic anatomy will help me create believable, realistic characters. I'm taking a Digital Characters class this semester, and I think that taking the two classes together will help strengthen my abilities in both.


My final 3D project of last semester was a 3D model of an AR15 rifle. This is the barrel and sights, with a bit of the hand guard showing.

I haven't done much worth bragging about over the summer. Most of my time was spent delivering pizzas or golfing (trying to golf, anyway). I took a Wine and Spirits course at the beginning of the summer, and I really enjoyed it. The credits won't further my graduation progress, but I've always wanted to learn about the subject and jumped at the opportunity to take the class. I didn't do much else academically, aside from a few 3D tutorials and exercises. I haven't drawn anything since last semester, either, so I hope that I'm not too rusty this semester. As far as travelling goes, my claim to fame was being part of my friend's wedding down in Texas in May. I'll be going to Spain in January for a wine and food course (the followup course to the one I took this summer), and I'm very much looking forward to that.

I'm the Vice President of the Stout Student SIGGRAPH (Special Interest Group in Graphics) Chapter, and a couple of us put together a demo reel for the club that was shown at the Backyard Bash. It can be viewed here.

Well, that's all I have to update for now. I'm looking forward to further developing my drawing skills, and I hope the semester goes well for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment